Friday, April 2, 2010

it's good friday ...

Since I can remember, weather on Good Friday has always been less than “good.” Usually, it’s cloudy skies and rain, but this morning here in Bend – snow! It’s almost Noon now, and the snow has turned to rain, but the “Winter Storm Warning” continues throughout the weekend. I’m scheduled to host Bend’s largest Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow morning. That will be a new experience – hosting a spring event in my winter jacket and gloves.

As I type, Shawna and Alyssa are headed home from Yakima after a quick 3-day trip. I understand I missed quite an event yesterday – a donkey birth. I am so thankful I got to HEAR about the miracle of life story vs. SEEING it; I know I would passed out on the barn floor.

With Shawna [and Alyssa] out of town, I declared a Guys Night on Wednesday. Rob, Matt, Robert (from our LifeGroup) and myself went to see Matt Damon’s new movie “Green Zone.” It was well done, well acted and not overly political.